If you are a pet owner, JWC does allow approved pets on select properties with the owner’s consent. Approved pets require a paid non-refundable $300 fee per pet. Approved pets may include, but are not limited to dogs, cats, hamsters, gerbils, ferrets, reptiles, birds and fish. For fish tanks, pet fees are $50 for any fish tank that is 15 gallons or under. The pet fee for any fish tank that is over 15 gallons is $300. Maximum pet limit is 3 with the exception of 4plex’s. Each 4plex unit only allows 1 pet. Properties that accept pets do so with an exception of aggressive breeds. These breeds are restricted and are not allowed on any of our rental properties. Information on these restricted breed is detailed below. Our office staff can assist you if you have any further questions regarding pets.
Tenant may not permit, even temporarily, any pet on the property (including but not limited to any mammal, reptile, bird, fish, rodent, or insect). Any pet violations of the lease will permit Jim Wright Company to take any of the following actions:
- Immediate termination of lease that will result in charges for any lost rent for the remainder of the lease, advertising fees to re-market the property, utilities, cost of reletting, eviction costs, court costs, attorney fees, collection fees and late fees.
- Additional rent charge of $100 and $5.00 per day thereafter per pet for each day the unauthorized pet is on the property.
- Remove or cause to be removed any unauthorized pet and deliver it to appropriate local authorities.
- Charges to tenant that result in Jim Wright Company’s cost to remove any unauthorized pet, exterminate the property for fleas and other insects, clean and deodorize the property’s carpets and drapes.
- Repair any damage to the property caused by the unauthorized pet.
- A non-refundable fee of $300 per pet will be assessed.
- Pet sitting and pet visiting are prohibited.
- Our inspectors are actively seeking pet violations.
- A PET VIOLATION COULD END UP WITH YOU IN COURT.